Event Management License in Dubai
With Expo 2020 coming along the event industry is flourishing around the UAE. Dubai is known to be one of the event capitals of the world. The UAE is ranked first in terms of organising and hosting exhibitions in the Middle East and North Africa region, ahead of South Africa and Turkey, according to the latest international reports issued by international institutions. The UAE has succeeded in organising and hosting 256 exhibitions during 2016, followed by South Africa with 209 and Turkey with 197. Revenue from the exhibitions tourism sector has contributed to more than Dh2.39 billion annually to the national economy and is expected to grow to Dh5.1 billion by 2020.
With Expo 2020 on the horizon – an event that is expected to attract more than 25 million visitors to the region – the appetite for events in the UAE is only set to increase.
If you are looking to start event management business in Dubai, now is a great time to do that.
What Is Event Planning/Management?
This question actually breaks down into two questions: What kinds of events are we talking about? And, what is event planning?
First things first. Generally speaking, special events occur for the following purposes: Promotions (product launches, fashion shows) Celebrations (fairs, parades, weddings, reunions, birthdays, anniversaries) Education (conferences, meetings, graduations)
This list isn't an exhaustive one, but as the examples illustrate, special events may be business related, purely social or somewhere in between.
Now we move to the second question: What is event planning/management? Planners of an event may handle any or all of the following tasks related to that event:
• Conducting research
• Creating an event design
• Finding a site
• Arranging for food, decor and entertainment
• Planning transportation to and from the event
• Sending invitations to attendees
• Arranging any necessary accommodations for attendees
• Coordinating the activities of event personnel
• Supervising at the site
• Conducting evaluations of the event
How many of these activities your business engages in will depend on the size and type of a particular event, which will, in turn, depend on the specialization you choose.
Why Do People Hire Event Planners?
What is the difference between a charlatan and a specialist? The one-word answer — experience. Nobody escapes from failure. The person with a strong knowledge base, huge experience in the field, proven achievements and inspiring success stories is closer to the goal than most.
Setup your Event Management Business with Launchpad
With Launchpad, Event Management setup in Dubai has become extremely easy. Thanks to Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority for giving us a opportunity to support startups and young entrepreneurs by helping them to reach their dreams in Emirates.
When starting an event management business in Dubai, the first important thing to do is, apply for an Event Management License. With the help of this license, you will be free to conduct wide range of activities such as event production, hospitality management, event promotion etc. But, there are a few activities that are not permissible by the government and you must be aware about it.
Allowable Activities for an Event Management Company in Dubai
• Organize and encourage gala events, award ceremonies, conventions, product launches, conferences, meetings, seminars and other business related activities
• Selling tickets for events
• Hotel reservation for the attendees of the events
Non-Allowable Activities for an Event Management Company in Dubai
• Carrying out any civil / construction workings for example building stages, scaffolding, exhibition stands or any extra construction work
• Trading activities that also include import and export of products
• Training Activities
• Organize and sponsor events lacking the approval of the appropriate authorities
• Talent Agency’s Activities
• Venue Management
How Launchpad Co Working Community Supports you?
With Launchpad membership at AED 7,000, a year you will entitle to set up a company without leasing/renting an office space.
As an incentive to promote the startup community when you setup the business with Launchpad, Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) gives special discount on their annual license fee.
Procedure to Obtain Event Management License in Dubai with Launchpad
• Step 1: Become a member at Launchpad
• Step 2: Choose a Business activity, based on your idea (i.e accounting)
• Step 3: Submission of your Business plan and Business activity request to DSOA
• Step 4: Get notified of "Initial approval" from DSOA.
• Step 5: Submission of your Business plan and Business activity request to DSOA
• Step 5: Pay your license fees & the complete company formation formalities
• Step 6: Congratulations, you have your license.
Congratulations! You can legally start your Event Management business in Dubai.
Benefits of Launchpad Coworking Space Membership
• One seat at Qiso Café
• Affordable license
• 2 visas
• Printing & Scanning
• Conference Room
• 20% off on cafe menu
• PRO services
Let our team of experts help you with the following:
• Consulting and Advising for license activity.
• Consulting for preparation of a Business plan.
• Applying for initial approval in DSOA.
• Navigating through DSOA procedures & guidelines to get your license.
• Setting up your Bank account.
The task of Event Management Set up in Dubai might look overwhelming to someone who is new to the business world but it is not that tough really. In fact, Launchpad can provide you end-to-end business registration and company formation services for your Event Management Business in Dubai. The firm’s offerings include support services like pro services to get all approvals and also bank account opening services that can help you focus on more important tasks for your Business.
For any queries, Call us
Launchpad Coworking Space
Call: 056 416 2205 / 04 3208833